Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports (PBIS)
Positive Behavior Intervention and Support (PBIS) is an approach to supporting students to be successful in schools. PBIS was developed from research in the fields of behavior theory and effective instruction. PBIS supports all students through intervention ranging from a school-wide system to a system for developing individualized plans for specific students. School-wide PBS focuses on the development and implementation of pro-active procedures and practices to prevent problem behavior for all students and improve school climate.
Franklin PBIS Mission Statement
The mission of the Franklin Elementary PBIS team is to foster and promote a safe and positive school environment that enhances student learning through teaching and recognizing positive behavior. Our Mission is to provide a positive, safe, healthy, nurturing and respectful environment in which all students have the opportunity to become productive members of society.
We will provide this through the:
- Development of clearly defined and consistent student expectations and accountabilities which reflect our theme of being Safe, On-task, Accountable and Respectful.
- Maintenance of an open ended flexible approach through the use of a data driven informational system.
- Educationally sound methods that foster student character, safety, academic excellence and individual citizenship.
Please refer to the Franklin PBIS Handbook for more information on the program.
Additional Supports at Franklin
- Girls. Empowerment. Mentors. Support. (GEMS)
- Recess Coaches
- Kindergarten Helpers
- Parent Teacher Association
- PBIS Committees, including student and parent liaisons and site specialists like our Occupational Therapist, Speech and Language Pathologist, etc.
- Equity and Inclusion Committee
- Toolbox Curriculum
- Campus Beautification Task Force
- Go Green Committee
- Student Council
- Peace Path
- Buddy Bench
- Social Emotional Health Lessons